Sunday, April 1, 2012

Second Best Yeast Rolls

A Yummy Recipe






I have to explain myself with the title. I could never claim to have the best yeast roll recipe, because my grandmother has the best recipe. This is a recipe that has no written words, it is just something that you have to watch her do, and follow along. I have never gotten the chance to watch her so I am left to my imagination.

I have been playing around with some recipes, I think I have come up with a pretty good one, plus you can freeze it, even better. Thank you to all the ladies who gave suggestions on how to do this.

Recipe

1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter cut up
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 tsp. dry yeast
2 eggs
5 cups flour (give or take)

Heat up the sour cream, sugar, and butter to 130 degrees. Dissolve yeast in the lukewarm water. Set aside for 10 min. Combine mixtures. Stir in 2 cups of flour. Add eggs and beat into mixture. Add enough flour to make dough fit for kneading. Knead for about 6 min. adding flour when needed. Place kneaded dough in a greased bowl and let rise to double. Punch down rolls and form into balls. I tend to get 3 sets of 9 (27) rolls. At this point you can choose to freeze them or to put them in pans to have second rising.

For freezing:

Flour the rolls, then add parchment paper to a gallon zip-lock bag, you can fit 9 to a bag. Then freeze. When you are ready to cook them take them out of the freezer 3 hours before you are ready to cook them. Spray an 8 or 9 in. square baking pan,  then place the nine rolls on the pan. Leave them in a draft free place and let them rise. Cook at 375 for 20 min.

For not freezing: 


Spray the desired pan wanted, a square pan holds 9, 9 by 13 can hold 15. Place rolls on pan, and let them go through a second rising, when doubled in size cook at 375 for 15 to 20 min.



This dough also makes really yummy Cinnamon Rolls.  

More Recipes You Will Love

 Frozen Pizza Dough

Homemade Biscuit Mix


No comments:

Post a Comment