Monday, January 21, 2013

Faith, Hope and Love Throw Pillow

I have been working on some sewing projects this month. I wanted a way to use up my scraps and this is the project that I came up with. If you would like to make it to you will need:

8- 8 inch squares in coordinating colors
2 buttons
1 embroidery floss skein
carbon paper
sewing machine
fiber fill 
 1. To start I sewed four the the squares together for the front. For the back I sewed four squares that were the same color.  
2. Next with a word processing program (like word) I picked out which font I wanted and typed out the words I wanted. I chose the french script and I sized it to 104. I printed it off on a piece of  paper.




3. Next I cut out the letters and I cut the carbon paper to fit the size of the cut out words, I etched the words, with the carbon paper onto the fabric where I wanted them placed. I found that it helped to pen down the paper and the carbon paper so it won't move.
4. Next I got out my embroidery hoop and I satin stitched around the letters covering up the carbon letters with the embroidery floss.
5. When all the letters are covered. I sewed the front and back pieces together with the right sides facing each other. I left a small hole in one corner to flip the pillow right side out, and to stuff it.


  6. Stuff the pillow. Sew up the whole with a wip stitch. and sew on the buttons on both sides of the pillow at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment