Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cinnamon Nutella Twists

Do you remember forever ago when I posted about my homemade biscuit mix. If Not you can Find it here. I have another recipe for you that uses that mix. My Family and I have a new love and that is hazelnut spread. I especially love it with ice cream. Unfortunately I do not have an ice cream recipe for you but a breakfast one.

This week my daughter asked for cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I did not have 3 hours to make her real ones so I made a quick version with biscuit dough, and I also decided it needed hazelnut spread with it. And a side of strawberries.
  Ingredients:
2 cups of biscuit mix
2/3 cup of milk
hazelnut spread
sugar and cinnamon mix

Put two cups of the biscuit mix in a bowl and make a well, pour in the 2/3 cup milk in slowly incorporating it into the mix, if is ends up a little sticky you can a little more mix. It should form a ball that you can kneed slightly. At this point you have biscuit dough. Roll it out how you would for biscuits. Slather on a layer of Hazelnut spread then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Cut the dough into long strips that are about 1/2 in wide. I usually end up with 10 to 12 strips. Twist each strip and place them on a baking sheet. Cook them in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.

You can also glaze these if you want, but they are pretty sweet without.  

No comments:

Post a Comment