I knew that I then had to come up with something bigger to use as my coil. We just moved again to another apartment and that means I took inventory of everything we had and if we really needed everything. I came across some clothesline that we have moved with 4 times and we still had not used it. I thought, "finally I can use this. I'm so glad we kept packing it up."
The basket ended up being 11 inches tall with a circumference of 35 inches.
Materials: 100 ft of clothesline, 4 balls of Sugar and Cream cotton yarn.
I can not really say this is a pattern it is more of a recipe and loose guideline.
I started by tying a knot with both the clothesline and the cotton together, then just using the cotton I made 8 sc around the clothes line, then I moved the clothes line so that it would wind around and I started to make 2 sc in the starting sc and then I made 2 sc in each of the next 7 sc (making a circle), With a stitch marker you can keep track of where your starting sc is, or like me you can just wing it, but I would recommend the stitch marker.
One the next level I made an increase st every other sc, the next level I increased every second st, the next level I increased every third st. I continued increasing in this pattern till I got to round 10. I made one more row of an increase every 10 stitches. At this point I had gotten to the part of the clothesline where it had stopped coiling around itself. After that I just crocheted around and around and around. I ended with 33 rounds.
For the handles I crocheted 15 sc around the clothesline without going through the sc below, skipping 15 sc, then I crocheted 30 sc, then 15 sc without going below and skipping 15 sc, then I crocheted another 30 sc.
I also made this small rectangle one with t-shirt yarn and Luster Sheen yarn.