Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Adult Simple Crochet Yoke

I love how it turned out!
Do you remember the simple yoke that I made for my daughter last year? I decided I needed a shirt with one too.


I started with a shirt that I found for my husband on the clearance rack for a dollar. The shirt ended up being to small for him, so I found a new way to use it.



To start with, I cut the shirt across the front 1 and 1/2 inches above the second button. I then hemmed the raw edges.




Then I made two strips of the pattern the same width of the shirt top. The strips are made with Sugar and Cream cotton yarn. I sewed them to the front and back of the shirt.


After that I made 2 more strips of the pattern to make the shoulder straps. I wip stitched them to each side of the yokes.  To make it more clean I added a sc border around the edges.

   To finish it off I added a flower applique.

Here is the pattern so you don't have to go back to the other page:

Simple Yoke


Row 1: Ch the amount of ch you want in multiples of 2, dc in third ch from hook, and in each ch
Row 2: Ch 4,* sk 1 dc, (dc and ch 1) in next dc* repeat to end
Row 3: Ch 4,* 3dctog in next dc, ch 1* repeat to second to last dc, dc in last dc.
Row 4: Ch 4, 1 dc and 1 ch in each 3dctog, dc in last dc
Row 5: Ch 3, dc in each ch space and dc across
Continue repeating rows 2-5 till you have the length desired. 

Repeat the pattern for both shoulder straps, and wip stitch them to the front and back of the yoke top. 





No comments:

Post a Comment